Gluten-Free Smoked Paprika
Welcome grilling season with this recipe for one of late spring/early summer’s best vegetables – rich, nutty asparagus complemented by smoked paprika, savory garlic and a squeeze of bright lemon.
- 1 pound asparagus, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil or other high-heat oil
- 1 teaspoon Frontier® smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Frontier® garlic powder
- 1 lemon, sliced in half
Frontier® Co-op has provided this recipe as a suggestion for your use based on commonly available ingredients understood to be gluten-free and vegetarian. Frontier Co-op cannot guarantee the gluten-free nature of the specific ingredients you obtain or your preparation of the final recipe. Please exercise good judgment in selecting gluten-free ingredients.
- Preheat your grill. Real wood charcoal tastes best, but gas works fine. Avoid instant-light briquettes as they make food taste like lighter fluid. Aim for medium-high heat – if your grill lid has a thermometer built into the lid, it should read about 375 degrees.
- Hold the end of an asparagus stalk between your thumb and forefinger and then halfway up the stalk with your other thumb and forefinger. Bend the stalk until it snaps. Typically, about 1⁄4 to 1⁄3 of the stalk will be discarded. Continue to snap all stems or line them up by the top ends and trim all the bottom ends off using your snapped stalk to measure where to cut.
- Place on a large platter or rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with oil and spices. Toss to coat.
- Place asparagus in a single layer perpendicular to your grill grates so they do not fall through (or use a grill pan).
- Place the lemon cut side down and close the grill.
- Remove the lemon when grill marks appear. Grill asparagus for about 8 to 12 minutes (or until tender and done to your liking) turning/rolling with a spatula 3 times to ensure even cooking.
- Remove asparagus with a metal spatula and place on a platter. Squeeze one grilled lemon half over top and serve with the other lemon half on the platter. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
Frontier Smoked Paprika
We secure the best source for unadulterated, all-natural paprika and test it to confirm the purity of this in-demand spice. If the spicy warmth of genuine paprika weren't enough, our smoked version from Spain guilds this ground chili pepper with another layer of remarkable flavor.
Grilled Gluten-Free Italian Herb Pizza Crust
The secret to a great pizza is the crust. In this gluten-free version featuring oregano and basil, grilling produces a crisp, lightly charred crust that everyone can enjoy.
Gluten-Free Grilled Garlic and Tomato Polenta with Caprese Salad
Inspired by the fresh, juicy tomatoes in caprese salad, this gluten-free recipe incorporates tomato flakes for bright acidity to complement the sweetness of grilled polenta cubes.
How to Grill Pizza
Nothing compares to the crisp, lightly charred crust of a grilled pizza. With the right ingredients, preparation and careful technique, you can learn how to grill pizza in a few simple steps.