with Vegan Cinnamon Ice Cream
Don’t exclude dessert from the grilling goodness! Lightly charred, grilled peaches dressed in a maple simple syrup make a uniquely summertime topping for vegan cinnamon ice cream.
For the Ice Cream
- 1 cup non-dairy milk, such as almond or oat
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Frontier® cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 Frontier® vanilla bean
- 2 teaspoons Frontier® arrowroot powder
For the Simple Syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Peaches
- 2 barely-ripe peaches
- 1 tablespoon coconut or walnut oil
- In a medium pot, whisk together the non-dairy milk, coconut milk, cinnamon and maple syrup. Cut the vanilla bean in half and scrape out the seeds. Place both the seeds and the bean into the pot.
- In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot powder with 2 tablespoons of the coconut mixture, whisking together until the arrowroot powder is dissolved. Pour into the pot and whisk again.
- Place the pot on the stove on medium-low and bring mixture to a boil, whisking occasionally. Pour the ice cream into a container and transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely.
- When ice cream mixture is cool, freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions. Remove the ice cream from the maker into a freezer-safe container. Freeze until the ice cream is set.
- Preheat your grill. Real wood charcoal tastes best, but gas works fine. Avoid instant-light briquettes as they make food taste like lighter fluid. Aim for medium heat – if your grill lid has a thermometer built into the lid, it should read about 350 degrees.
- Slice each peach in half and remove the pit. Brush each peach half with coconut or walnut oil. Place on the grill and cook on each side until browning or lightly charring, 2 to 4 minutes per side, depending on heat.
- To make the simple syrup, whisk together the maple syrup and water in a small pot. Bring to a boil and let thicken for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and while still warm, toss with grilled peaches. Let the peaches cool completely before serving.
- Scoop ice cream into a bowl and top with cooled, grilled peaches.
Our Well Earth® sustainable sourcing program guarantees the cinnamon we purchase is sustainably and ethically made, and of the highest possible quality — it also gives back to the remote Vietnamese communities it comes from. So far, Well Earth has provided lodging, food and school supplies to more than 475 children from these communities.
Grilled Vegan Coconut Curry Tofu Skewers
A vegan main dish that’s full on flavor, these grilled tofu skewers get their bright color and fragrant spice from a curry-spiced coconut milk marinade.
Grilled Veggie Sandwich with Smoked Paprika and Turmeric
This vegan grilled sandwich is piled high with summer’s fresh produce.
How to Grill Vegetables
Whether a simple side or a colorful main dish, good grilled vegetables are a balance of timing, technique and seasoning. Learn how to achieve spectacular flavor and texture with these two simple methods for how to grill vegetables.