Cumin and Saffron Grilled Zucchini
Transform grilled zucchini from a simple, summertime side dish into a beautiful and flavorful addition to your table with earthy cumin and spicy-floral saffron.
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Frontier® cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Frontier® salt
- 1 pinch Frontier® saffron
Frontier® Co-op has provided this recipe as a suggestion for your use based on commonly available ingredients understood to be "vegetarian," which we define as not including any meat, fish, seafood or any products derived from them or any other part of an animal. This recipe may include animal by-products such as eggs, dairy, honey and substances derived from them. Please review the recipe carefully to determine your personal preference.
- Preheat your grill. Real wood charcoal tastes best, but gas works fine. Avoid instant-light briquettes as they make food taste like lighter fluid. Aim for medium heat – if your grill lid has a thermometer built into the lid, it should read about 350 degrees.
- Slice both ends off the zucchini, then cut each zucchini in half (approximately 3-inch halves). Take each half and cut into roughly four 1⁄4-inch slices.
- Place zucchini on a piece of foil that is large enough to fold over the zucchini and fold up the edges and pinch together, leaving the top open. Drizzle the coconut oil over the zucchini then sprinkle the cumin, salt and saffron on top. Using your hands or a spatula, toss until zucchini are well coated.
- Seal the foil pouch and place zucchini on grill. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until zucchini is tender, checking occasionally to see if done.
Frontier Organic Cumin
From its origins in North Africa, the popularity of cumin has exploded worldwide — the spice has become essential in Indian, European and Mexican cuisines. Our cumin is sourced from experienced growers in India and Turkey, and imported as whole cumin seed in order to guarantee its purity before grinding — resulting in the highest-quality, aromatic, earthy flavor.
Grilled Portobello Chili Burger with Simple Slaw
Meaty mushrooms soak up the flavors of onion, garlic, chili powder and red pepper flakes in this grilled Portobello chili burger recipe...
Grilled Panzanella Salad with Herbes de Provence
This twist on panzanella salad brings this classic into the realm of grilling...
How to Grill Mushrooms
Soft, lightly charred mushrooms need only a hot grill and a well-spiced marinade. Learn how to grill mushrooms in just a few simple steps.